03 October 2006

"People get REALLY upset when you steal their bathroom door."

Last night, we went to hear jazz at the SOAS student union. The jazz sounded pretty cool, but I don't know much about jazz to be honest. Mostly we sat in the bar downstairs, discussing ridiculous schemes for making money. I think the best idea was cage dancing while playing the digereedoo (sp?) and the bango. Picture it, you'll giggle, I promise.

After feeling kind of tired and sick yesterday, I woke up feeling much, much better today. Slept for a solid 10 hours. For some reason I sleep so much here. I guess because I don't have anything to do in the morning, so I have nothing to wake up for, specifically. I like sleeping late though. I should run or something in the morning, but I think it would be tough to run around here. Hmm.

My schedule looks like this:
Monday (11-1, arabic lecture. I'm not technically signed up for this class, but I think I might sit in on it a few times a week to keep up with my arabic)
2-3 Colloquial Arabic

Tuesday: 2-3 The Making of the Modern Middle East (history)
3-5 Introduction to Arabic Culture

Wednesday: 1-3 Colloquial Arabic

Thursday: (1-3 Arabic lecture)
A tutorial for Making of the Modern ME

Friday: 11-1 Modern Trends in Islam
1-3 Modern Trends tutorial
1-3 Arabic lecture

So, yeah, my schedule is pretty sweet. I'm thinking I probably will join a gym for a month and see how it goes. The ULU gym is nice, but pretty small for the amount of students that could potentially use it. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home